Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Statement of Faith

Sometimes in the 1970's I tried to create a forum where those of various faiths can connect our lives somewhat like a river touches the edges of countries and villages, unrelenting in progress and richer as the sun reflects upon the faces of destiny.

This endeavor was partially realized at some of the churches in San Francisco where I attended and exhibited some of my paintings, although I was not a member of those specific churches.

Through my brief life, I have been blessed and disappointed by those of various religions; overzealous hindu landlords whose remorse was eventually equalled by efforts of reimbursement, those of the jewish religion who I once trusted and who exploited and misrepresented important issues to their own advantage, and members of other religious organizations in which I include catholics for reasons best known to myself.

To further explain and avoid misunderstanding, I tolerated the abuse of those whose folly exceeded their grace because of my belief in the basic fairness of mankind and eventually turned away from the christian school of belief of my early childhood to create, through art and music, a happy blend of trust, awareness, and a wish to seek those who are teachers through their examples of kindness and perception.

It is my hope that for every misfortune in my life, I will be blessed by fulfilled promises of faith. Evidence is overwhelming of the beauty of friendship with those who are loyal, whether angels of forgotten dreams or ministers of belief including those of every religion of which I am aware.

No comments: