Sunday, May 10, 2009

Thank You For Now

This poem is a celebration of the present moment, remembering the best of yesterday and gathering pearls of wisdom for tomorrow.

We need to try to forgive ourselves
When loved ones are gone.
We don't really miss them,
We miss loving them,
We saw them as a reflection of us,
Not as they were.
Sometimes we feel angry
Because we didn't really like them.
Society says we should,
So we create another image.
We were blind to their imperfections
And kind ways.
Now we see them as God sees them.
We are afraid to change,
To forgive,
Hoping positive images will find us.
Those we loved,
And time surrounded by space,
Helped to form our character.

When I am alone in a beautiful mansion,
Or in an abandoned cabin in wooded hills,
I live in the now,
When you were here,
I lived in the future,
Hoping we would soon be together.
I really don't know you.
I thought I did.

The telephone doesn't ring,
And I am grateful for the times
You thought I loved you for you.
Thank you for now.

No comments: