Thursday, September 4, 2008

Hello to a Friend I Have Not Yet Met

I'm feeling lonely and need someone to talk to.
I have places to go and somewhere to walk to.
But I need someone at home,
To just smile and bring me flowers
Someone to just sit silent with
And while away the hours.
Someone to bring me coffee in the morning
Someone kind who smells nice
And hands me presents without warning.
Someone who warns me when trouble is near.
And believes me and means it when he calls me dear.
Do you like me?
Well, do you intend to stay all night?
Did you travel far to be here?
Would you please leave on the light?
Do you have a mother, is she fat or thin?
Does she like to save pennies, buttons and thread?
Would you hold my hand in church,
Help me on with my coat,
Or give me yours instead?
Do you mind if I am famous?
Will you like me in the morning?
Would you hire me as a secretary.
Or fire me without warning?
Could I see you in the sunshine,
Would you mind if I don't smoke?
Could you please be serious sometimes?
I am tired of a joke.
Would you take me to the opera?
I would appreciate that very much.
I like music, hope to meet you.
I would like to get in touch.

No comments: