Monday, September 15, 2008

Nine Views of Homeless People From the Perspective of a Politician

1. There will soon be a convention in town so I need to try to find a way to hide the homeless people to protect my image.

2. The current homeless radical Bruce was a schoolmate of mine and got better grades than me so I need to try to keep him homeless because he knows as much about me as I know about him, and if he stays homeless, then he will have no credibility.

3. I promised to remove homelessness during my campaign, but if I do, there won't be an excuse for spending money for overhead because the landlords of the homeless people contributed to my campaign and they are more important and influential than homeless people.

4. If I train case managers to end homelessness, the food missions will not survive because most of their income is from donated food they sell.

5. There is a need for homelessness because some people like to compare themselves to the have-nots and l like to remind homeless people of the status of the rich.

6. There is no guarantee in the Constitution everyone should have a place to live.

7. I once helped a homeless person receive entitlements, and instead of expressing gratitude by make something of themselves, I got accused of being the cause of their problems. Why am I obligated to continue helping a person who tries to expose my intentions? Why am I obligated to be kind to a homeless person just because I once saved that person's life?

8. I can't turn back the premise some homeless people are fairly diagnosed because if I am in error, and some of them are treated unfairly, then this decision reflects on my husband's medical profession because I know he is responsible for that homeless person's husband's death.

9. I received several medals for my community work, and if I help the homeless people, they will receive the awards that belong to me.

No comments: